countries with english as second language

countries with english as second language

The languages are grouped and colour-coded by language family (languages with a common ancestor). For example, the U.S. does not have an official language, but English is the de facto official language. The Scandinavian nation tops the list with a score of 70.94.
Second place goes to the Netherlands, just behind with a score of 70.58. The ability to communicate with clients all over the world is a valuable asset in a global economy. English is the most commonly spoken foreign language in 19 out of 25 European Union countries (excluding the UK and Ireland) In the EU25, working knowledge of English as a foreign language is clearly leading at 38%, followed by German and French (at 14% each), Russian and … Teaching English as a Second Language is a high-demand subject of instruction that continues to experience growth in schools across the country. In 2014, the Danish were named as the best speakers of English as a second language in the world. Sweden took the crown for two years in a row before that. Second language has traditionally been used in different contexts and can mean (a) the second language learned (chronologically); (b) the weaker language; (c) a language that is not the mother tongue; or (d) the less used language. While English is in fact the most popular second language (44 countries primarily learn English as a second language), the following maps, created by MoveHub, a company that helps people relocate abroad, show just how diverse the world still is. In some countries, English is the de facto official language. Sweden’s high English proficiency can be attributed to, in part, a high-quality education, the popularity of English speaking films and music and grammatical and phonological similarities between the two languages. As international trade grew larger each year, the need for a common language also grew. France and Russia are second and third with 14 and 13 respectively. My guess is that schools in most countries offer ESL English had become the second language of choice around the world, although there are probably many more native speakers of Chinese. Live worksheets > English > English as a Second Language (ESL) English as a Second Language (ESL) Interactive worksheets Language: English Subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) In fact, nearly anyone you meet from any Scandinavian country will have a near, if not perfect grasp of the English language, as well as being fluent in their own native tongue.

English on the Rise in Africa Today, 26 countries in sub-Saharan Africa use English either as an official language In the European Union, English is one of 24 official languages and is widely used by EU institutions, by a majority of the population in the Republic of Ireland as their first language, and as a second language among much of the EU population.

This means it is the primary language of daily life and work, although not formally listed as an official language.

English takes the crown as the most common second language around the world with 55 countries speaking it as a second language. Estimates that include second-language speakers vary greatly, from 470 million to more than 2 billion. It is the mostly widely spoken second language in the world and an official language of the United Nations, the European Union, and many other international organizations and businesses.

After World War II, technological and medical advances in English speaking nations made the language a popular second choice for many students. As children from foreign countries continue to immigrate to the United States and enroll in schools here, the number of students whose native language is not English continues to grow.

Krämbullar I Långpanna, Handtagsvärmare Arctic Cat, Utveckla Och Förenkla, Amazonas Djur Lista, Skillnaden Mellan Celldelning Och Reduktionsdelning, Täppt I Ena Näsborren, Alkohol Bryter Ner Muskler, Iphone 4 S, Extra Simkort Telia, Stater I Europa, Alla Beck Filmer Box, Chrissy Hart Younger, Lasse Maja Von Broms Hemlighet ålder, Vilket Barrträd Tappar Barren På Hösten, Apa Manual 2019, Iphone 8 Tele2, Slaget Om Arnhem, Ont Efter Skrapning, Svalans Förskola Härnösand, Odla Kryddor Inomhus Lampa, Clas Ohlson Tv, Fiskfärs Med Räksås, Vem är Lilla Hjärtats Mamma Flashback, Axkid Rekid Jollyroom, Polera Strålkastare Meguiars, Checkpoint Charlie öppettider, Volvo Penta 290 Drev, Vab I Norge, Fitbit Versa Skal, De Ger Ro På Däck Korsord, Koka Morötter I Buljong, Coop City Varberg, Windows 10 Tablet Mode Turn Off, Ik Franke P11, Scandic Copenhagen Restaurant,